Data Protection Policy
Portique LLP ("Portique") collect and use Personal Data of individuals from different stakeholders such as Customers, Employees or Business Partners. We need such data for providing products and services to customers, understanding customers' profile and market trends to develop better services so as to retain our competitive edge, and managing employment and member's relationships. These individuals trust us to use and disclose their Personal Data appropriately and keep their information safe.
Portique respects the privacy and confidentiality of prospects provided by the stakeholders. We are committed to implement policies, practices and processes to safeguard the data collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data that were provided to us and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (2012) ("PDPA").
HOW TO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The PDPA defines Personal Data as "data", whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
- From the data; or
- From the data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
We collect your Personal Data through,
- When you send us your Personal Data through Telecommunication such as Telephone/ Emails/ Fax,
- When you visit our website, and leave your Personal Data,
- When you submit your application form, curriculum vita etc for the purpose of job opportunities, seminars and any events organised by us or our business partners.
- When you purchase/ engage our products/ services from us,
- When you interact with our employees via face to face meetings,
- When we receive references from our business partners or third parties,
- When you send/ given us your application form, curriculum vita etc for the purpose of job opportunities.
Any others methods that are not mentioned above.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
The types of Personal Data that we collect include, but not limited to, your name, current job title, current salary, address, email address, telephone number (home/ mobile), and fax numbers. Sensitive Personal Data including, but not limited to, your identification number, passport number, date of birth, bank details, current and past employment details, family background, race and/ or ethnicity is only collected when you voluntarily provide this Personal Data to us where such Personal Data is required or permitted to be collected by law or professional standards.
If you provide the Personal Data of anyone other than yourself (including your family members), we assume that you have obtained their permissions and have informed him/her of the purposes that Portique requires his/ her Personal Data and that he/ she has consented to your disclosure of his/ her Personal Data to Portique for those purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that we collect from you is used only for the intended purpose(s) stated and/ or communicated to you at the time that the Personal Data is collected. In addition, we may use the Personal Data that we collected about you for the following:
- Sending you update of our new products/ services (if any)
- Offer rewards/ promotions and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
- Sending you the information on seminars and conference conducted by Portique or our business partners
- Obtaining feedback from you and/ or
- Evaluating your application to be an employee with us
- Administering and managing your relationship as our employee, including secondments with or transfer within the company, and secondments with business partners
- Dealing with and/ or administering employment benefits and other employee welfare programs
- Any other matters that we deem to be appropriate to you
Portique may process and/ or transfer your Personal Data to our business partners or third parties for the purposes of:
- Provide trainings purposes,
- Maintaining Portique's operations or client relationship management system,
- Internal quality and risk management reviews,
- Information required from our business partners for the use of business purposes such as booking of air tickets, hotel etc,
- Business partners or vendors that we work with for deliveries purposes,
- Financial institutions for the purpose such as facilitation GIRO payments,
- Credit reference bureaus for the purpose of preparing credit reports or evaluation of creditworthiness (if any).
By creating an account or by accessing and browsing through our website, or otherwise purchasing our products and services:
- You agree to be bound by the Policy and any of the related policies or guidelines, including any subsequent changes or modifications to them;
- You agree and consent to Portique as well as our business partners and relevant third parties collecting, using, disclosing and/or sharing your Personal Data (as defined above) in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- You agree and warrant that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Under certain circumstances, we may assume that you have given us consent when you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us for the stated purpose(s).
If you are carrying out a transaction having a face-to-face meeting with us and / or on behalf of another individual, you must obtain consent for that individual in order for us to collect, use and/ or disclose his/ her Personal Data.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that we collected from you is only disclosed to our business partners or third parties in relation to the intended purpose(s) which is stated and/or communicated to you at the time that the Personal Data is collected. We will also disclose Personal Data to such third parties who have confirmed to us that they have also ensure that they have observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations. Such third parties do not include law enforcement, judicial and/ or government agencies. When required by a court order or any law or regulatory requirements, your Personal Data shall/ may be disclosed accordingly to the relevant parties.
Portique's website also includes link to other of our business partners located in overseas as well as other third-party's websites. Therefore, our privacy practices stated herein do not apply when you connect to these websites and/ or other third-party's websites.
HOW DO WE MANAGE THE SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Portique takes responsibilities under the PDPA seriously and is committed to implement policies, practices and processes to ensure compliance with the PDPA obligations. We do not collect and/ or compile Personal Data for the purpose of sale to outside parties. We also make reasonable efforts to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Strict verification processes such as password, limited users access etc to prevent unauthorised access to the information
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners
- Personal Data is destroyed as soon as the purpose for which Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such data
- Retention is no longer necessary for any other legal of business purposes
Linking to third-party websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from Portique site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to Portique site from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Withdrawal Of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy, you should give us reasonable advance notice in writing.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place where the continuation of such products / services / contractual relationship would reasonably require your Personal Data.
You may submit your request for withdrawal of consent either by email or letter to us indicating of your intention and date of withdrawal by email to [email protected]
Please contact Portique at [email protected] if you:
a) have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures.
b) need more information on or access to the data which you have provided to us in the past.
ACCESSING AND MAKING CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may write to us, based on reasonable grounds, to find out how we have been using or disclosing your Personal Data. We are obliged under PDPA to allow you to access to your Personal Data which has or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of the request and to correct any error or omission in your Personal Data that is in the possession or under the control of Portique. We may be prevented by law from complying with your request and may also decline your request if the law permits Portique to do so or if the records have been destroyed.
Before we accede to your request, we may need you to provide us the appropriate documents, but not limited to, verification through your identification card, or any other legal identification documents. Thereafter, we will let you have an estimate of the time required to retrieve all the relevant Personal Data and the fee that we will charge for processing your request. Upon confirmation of your acceptance of our aforesaid fee, we shall respond to you in writing within 30 days. We may need more than 30 days for complex enquiries and if so, you shall be notified in writing.
As part of our effort to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will continuously review our policies, procedures and processes.
We recommend that you check our website from time to time remain updated as to any changes in our Personal Data policy and other policies.